Case 45-2018: Mercado Pago & Marcos Galperin
Legal Requirement to US Securities and Exchange Commission
August 25, 2018
The International Buddhist Ethics Committee & Buddhist Tribunal on Human Rights legally requires the US Securities and Exchange Commission to carry out an urgent investigation into the activities of Marcos Galperin, CEO of the multinational e-commerce company called "Mercado Libre", since he has committed activities of Scam and Corruption.
This requirement to investigate the criminal activities of CEO Marcos Galperin is due to the fact that his company, "Mercado Libre", has been listed on Wall Street a decade ago, also integrating the Nasdaq list of the 100 most important global technology companies on hardware, software and telecommunications. Despite the fact that "Mercado Libre" company has a value of more than USD 12,000 million, and that Marcos Galperin is one of the seven richest people in Argentina, his illegal activities should not go unpunished. While the companies operating on Wall Street must be regulated based on rights and obligations imposed by the US Securities and Exchange Commission, it is considered essential that this US agency investigates the criminal financial activities of CEO Marcos Galperin.
The International Buddhist Ethics Committee & Buddhist Tribunal on Human Rights confirms that "Mercado Libre" company has not only maintained a monopoly position in Argentina, but also, through the "Mercado Pago" company, has recently made a scam against thousands of customers among which was the Buddhist Temple World Association of Buddhism, since the company has illegally collected millions to finance its new project called "Mercado Fondo", by charging small amounts of money to thousands of citizens who did not make any purchases and then not returning those amounts to them. This stunt has been carried out with impunity because the Argentine justice usually does not work and does not protect buyers, who would desist from hiring a lawyer to demand for small amounts of money. But also the impunity of these scams is due to the fact that CEO Marcos Galperin is a friend and secret contributor to the Argentine government of President Macri, which is demonstrated by the fact that he was canceled a debt of 500 million with the Argentine Government. Obviously, this system of crony capitalism implies acts of corruption, since a President would never forgive a multimillion-dollar debt just for friendship reasons, so that the real reason is that CEO Marcos Galperin and "Mercado Libre" are secret contributors to the political campaign of President Macri of Argentina. Indeed, it has recently been shown that the list of contributors used by the Argentine government of President Macri during the 2015 and 2017 elections included millions of false financial contributions from indigent people, whose names were used to launder contributions of black money coming from companies close to President Macri, and those companies would later receive benefits as a result of having delivered this type of contributions or bribes. In the case of President Macri's election campaign in 2015, it actually cost 100 million dollars, although only 15% was legally declared, while the rest of the 85% came from businessmen black money among whom would be CEO Marcos Galperin, evading all kinds of legal controls so that it cannot be shown that the true contributors of the funds would then be beneficiaries of government measures. This same procedure of bribes was used in the "Odebrecht" and "Lava Jato" cases in Brazil, and in the case of "Notebook Scandal" in Argentina, by presidents Lula Da Silva and Cristina Kirchner respectively. Obviously, the bribes delivered by CEO Marcos Galperin and "Mercado Libre" would not be a product of extortion by politicians, as the businessmen often claim, since the businessman Galperin publicly supports the President Macri's government policies.
Therefore, the International Buddhist Ethics Committee & Buddhist Tribunal on Human Rights requests the US Securities and Exchange Commission to conduct an investigation into the acts of fraud and corruption that would be carried out with impunity by CEO Marcos Galperin, especially taking into account that the crime of bribes would violate rigid US laws such as the American Anti-Corruption Act.
Always with spirit of reconciliation (maitri),
H.E. Master Maitreya Samyaksambuddha
Judge and President of the International Buddhist Ethics Committee & Buddhist Tribunal on Human Rights